COMMUNE NAMED New Jerusalem Leo Tolstoy In 1923 he founded an agricultural commune named after LN Tolstoy station near New Jerusalem Vindava railway. Group wanting to live and work on the land was allotted the land and buildings previously owned by the landlord Shvetsov. The main initiator and inspirer was Mitrofan Nechesov, and his main assistants - a group of young people, adherents of Tolstoy. Children's colony in Bullfinch then liquidated. Rono counteracted deeper root in her the spirit of Tolstoy. From there, the New Jerusalem is first switched Mitrofan Nechesov, Bob and Peter Shershenevy, Nikolai Lyubimov, Georgy Vasilyev, Pyotr Nikitich Lepekhin. Anyone who sooner or later moved there, who lived for a long time or a little visited, is the time to remember forever as the best, the most radiant of all their long past.